Adult Activity Center
The Adult Activity Center (AAC) serves as a drop-in recreation facility for adults 50+. Our mission is to offer a variety of recreational and life-enrichment activities which include health and wellness, fitness, nutrition, intellectual well-being, art, games, special-interest activities, computer assistance and classes, trips and tours, and special events.
All trips require participants to register. You can register online or in-person at the AAC, 506 S. Pine St. Registration fees are paid in advance with cash or check. For ongoing and upcoming events, trips, and activities, check out our calendar.
September is National Fall Prevention Month! See what's happening at the AAC.
Mystery Trip - Wednesday, September 18, 2019
Join us for a mystery trip! This trip is designed for people 50+ with a range of abilities. Wear comfortable clothing to move around in, bring a jacket, sunscreen, hat, and walking stick (if desired).
Fee: $55 user / $65 non-user. The fee includes transportation and a box lunch. Register online. Fee is paid by US mail or in-person with cash or check by 9/11/2019.
- 1:00 PM Needle Crafters
- 9:00 AM Pine Needle Basketry
- 12:30 PM Rosy Allen Paint and Fun (1st Thursday of the month). Registration required. Fee: $15
- 1:00 PM Ceramics (3rd Thursday of the Month)
- 1:00 PM Paper Crafts with Jean Kirkham (2nd & 4th Thursday of the month)
- 1:00 PM Fused Glass (September 19th, October 31st, November 21st). Registration required. Fee varies depending on art piece. Call the AAC for pricing information (509) 962-7242.
- 9:00 AM Wood Carving
MONDAY AND WEDNESDAY
- 8:00 AM Morning Exercise Class
- 9:30 AM Stay Active and Independent for Life (SAIL)
- 12:15 AM Silver Sneakers
- 1:30 PM SAIL
TUESDAY AND THURSDAY
- 8:00 AM Foot Care/Healthy Smiles Dental Cleaning
- 9:00 AM Level 1: Tai Ji Quan (location Stan Bassett Youth Center)
- 10:00 AM Level 2: Tai Ji Quan (location Stan Bassett Youth Center)
- 11:00 AM Hand Massage (2nd Tuesday of each month)
FOOT CARE - Please call AAC for more information (509) 962-7242
HEALTHY SMILES DENTAL CLEANING - Please call (206) 650-3272 or (425) 891-5061 or email
- 8:30 AM Duplicate Bridge
- 10:00 AM Memory Cafe (2nd Tuesday of the month at Ellensburg Historical Museum, 114 E 3rd)
- 12:00 PM Bridge
- 12:10 PM Brown Bag Lunch Series
- 2:00 PM Alzheimer's Association Caregiver Support Group (3rd Thursday of the month at Hal Holmes Community Center, 209 N. Ruby St)
- 1:00 PM Pinochle
AAC Staff and Volunteers
- Katrina Douglas, Coordinator
- Kendall Kramer, Recreation Leader
- Tina Peet, Volunteer Support
- Gabriella Bacon, Volunteer Support
- Alice Brown, Volunteer Support
- Vonnie Nichols, Volunteer Support
- Deborah Boudreau, AmeriCorps Member
- Roxanne Laush, AmeriCorps Member